The Midwest Aviation Sustainable Biofuels Initiative (MASBI) was announced this week. It brings together representatives from across the biofuel value chain in the U.S. Midwest to address ways to best leverage regional assets to:
- become a national leader in the emerging aviation biofuels market;
- position the Midwest to achieve economic development and job growth;
- diversify current jet fuel supply in the region and for the nation;
- promote U.S. energy security; and
- reduce environmental impact.
The MASBI Steering Committee is comprised of founding members – United Airlines, Boeing, Honeywell's UOP, the Chicago Department of Aviation and the Clean Energy Trust. CAAFI has been invited to be part of the MASBI Advisory Council. To learn more about MASBI, visit www.masbi.org.